Monday, April 4, 2011
Class Week 9
Ever since we looked at the photo shop disasters website I have been looking at ads and T.V. commercials completely differently. I have been looking to see what work theyve done on that person to make them look so perfect instead of thinking about what I would have to do to look like that. I knew there was photo shopping but I never really thought about what that meant. You can make a person look completely different with photo shop! We talked about how it is used to cover up flaws and how scars were flaws on women but are thought to make a man look more attractive because that means he’s a "badass." That goes along with the persona that is tied to each gender. Women are supposed to be soft and gentle whereas men are supposed to be edgy and tough, rough and dirty. The pictures each group had printed out based on genders or sexes and class were great! A couple groups did some redneck pictures or low class white trash. I think that’s because we get that stereotype so often it is just the first thing that came to our minds. The “People of Walmart” website had a lot of pictures of people who look completely low class and uneducated but you never know! Those same people could be rich or brain surgeons and just not care about their looks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment