Monday, April 18, 2011

Presentations

The story of the Indian woman, Mankiller, was the most interesting to me.  The name caught my attention of course but her story was so interesting.  I just find it so crazy that she was driving along and wrecked.  But not only did she wreck, but killed the other driver.  But not only was it just a driver, it was her best friend!! It was just shocking because whenever I imagine a car crash I never consider that the people involved would know each other.  I also never thought of Indians having cars.  I know it sounds dumb but my mind was stuck in the stereotype of them riding horses and wearing loin cloths. I never thought about how they evolve as the majority of our societies do.  The name was also a neat story.  It’s a name of respect where she’s from.  In our society if someone earned the name “mankiller” we would be afraid of them. I sure would be! Because in our society killing someone usually doesn’t mean strength or gain respect.  Our killers get locked up, most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment